Tech System Names Vice Chancellor for Distance, Online Learning
By Walt Nett
Tim Hudson, a member of the chancellor’s staff at the University of Houston System, has been named to vice chancellorship in distance learning in the Texas Tech System, Chancellor Kent Hance announced this morning.
Hudson, special assistant to the chancellor for international programs and initiatives at the University of Houston System, will begin his duties Aug. 1.
Hudson will coordinate and support the distance education and online programs at each of the Texas Tech University System institutions.
According to Eduventures, online learning is expected to grow from 780,000 students in 2004 to an estimated 3.97 million students in 2014. Babson Survey Research Group estimates the percentage of all enrolled students taking at least one online course in 2008 was 25 percent compared to only 12 percent in 2003.
As online education has become an increasingly vital component of higher education, Hudson will develop a comprehensive, system-wide strategy to enhance these programs at Texas Tech University, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Angelo State University and their off-campus sites. Hudson’s focus will be to enhance access and academic experiences, improve efficiency and increase course offerings. Increased online educational opportunities will also provide convenience for both traditional and non-traditional students.
- Experimental Biology 2011-Day 1 [Life Lines] (scienceblogs.com)
- In op-ed, A&M Professor Makes Case for Drastic Restructuring of Texas Higher Ed System (timesoftexas.com)
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center F. Marie Hall SimLife Center (medicineandtechnology.com)
- About 86 percent of Texas Lawmakers Have Four-year Degrees, compared to 25 percent of Texans (timesoftexas.com)
- ASU tuition, Fees Will Increase 9.9 % (timesoftexas.com)
- Sloan Consortium Honors Drexel University with Excellence in Online Education Award (einsights.typepad.com)
- Online Education: Promise and Problems (hollymccracken.wordpress.com)
- Green tea and tai chi enhance bone health and reduce inflammation in postmenopausal women (eurekalert.org)
- “Seven solutions” … Already Being Implemented at Texas A&M (timesoftexas.com)
- Two ground-nesting birds eavesdrop on chipmunk chatter to find safe neighborhoods (physorg.com)