Stanford University Free e-learning Online Degree Attracts Thousands
The course begins in September and represents the world’s first completely free, open-access university-level course utilising the virtual learning environment of the internet and has already attracted 58,000 learners, the New York Times reports.
Such is the popularity of the experimental online learning project that the establishment announced a further two earlier this week (August 16th) from its computer science department.
“The vision is: change the world by bringing education to places that can’t be reached today,” said Dr Sebastian Thrun, one of the world’s most prolific and respected artificial intelligence experts and a course instructors.
“Through the web’s capabilities, we are extending the reach of existing education,” he told the Daily Telegraph.
Stanford University’s first class will begin on October 10th.
- 100,000+ Sign Up For Stanford’s Open Class on Artificial Intelligence. Classes With 1 Million+ Next? (singularityhub.com)
- Online Management Degree Rankings Reveal Top Online University for Affordability (prweb.com)
- Welcome To The Brave New World Of Higher Education (themoderatevoice.com)
- Welcome To The Brave New World Of Higher Education (wiredpen.com)
- University education goes online with virtual courses (telegraph.co.uk)
- Machine Learning – Stanford University (feeducation.blogspot.com)
- Stanford Online Courses (edugeek.net)
- Free Artificial Intelligence Class (neatorama.com)
- 58,000 Sign Up for Stanford AI Course (nytimes.com)