UVA Showdown is Set as Board Prepares to Meet
A showdown to reinstate University of Virginia President Teresa Sullivan is set for Tuesday.
The University of Virginia Board of Visitors will meet to take another vote on her forced resignation amid controversy. Three members of the board of visitors called Tuesday’s meeting – Mac Caputo, Tim Robertson, and Hunter Craig.
Sources say the three of them wouldn’t have called the meeting unless they had the votes necessary to offer Teresa Sullivan her job back. With 15 members on the board of visitors, eight votes will be needed to reinstate Sullivan.
The meeting will not be held behind closed doors. That means we’ll hear all of the discussion between board members before they take any vote.
Sullivan hasn’t publicly said if she would actually take her job back, but sources are indicating that the board wouldn’t go through this process unless they were certain she would.
That board meeting is set for 3:00 p.m. Tuesday at the rotunda. The faculty senate is asking people to rally on the lawn starting at 2:30.
- McDonnell demands final decision on U.Va. president (virginiabusiness.com)
- Tim Kaine calls Teresa Sullivan reinstatement if Dragas resigns ‘just’ (wjla.com)
- U.Va. dean suspends preparations to become interim president (virginiabusiness.com)
- UVA Vice Rector Mark Kington Resigns After Ouster Of President Teresa Sullivan (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Teresa Sullivan: Supporters seek reinstatement of UVa. president (wjla.com)
- Carl Zeithaml to ‘suspend’ UVA interim presidency negotiations (wjla.com)
- UVA Faculty Demands Reinstatement Of President Teresa Sullivan, Calls For Others To Resign (washington.cbslocal.com)
- UVa board to consider reinstating president (heraldonline.com)
- U.Va. board members aim to reinstate Sullivan (hamptonroads.com)
- UVA Showdown is Set as Board Prepares to Meet (timesoftexas.com)
- University of Virginia Reinstates President After Outcry – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Teresa Sullivan: UVa. board to discuss reinstating ousted president (wjla.com)
- UVa board reinstates ousted president after outcry (sfgate.com)
- UVa Board Reverses Itself, Reinstates President (npr.org)