Many high school seniors will be celebrating their graduation victory in a few weeks and looking forward to starting college in the fall. But college isn’t for everybody.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, as of October 2010, 68.1% of 2010 high school graduates were enrolled in college with the remaining 31.9% heading to the workforce or pursuing a different path.
“Where [college] used to be a stepping stone to success and wealth and having the lifestyle that you want, it’s not the only avenue anymore,” says Christy Whitman, founder of the Quantum Success Coaching Academy. “There are many other options.”