New reform framework unites critics and supporters of ‘seven breakthrough solutions’
In much-anticipated remarks to the University of Texas Board of Regents Thursday, Chancellor Francisco Cigarroa laid out a broad nine-point plan to streamline operations across the system, increase accountability and expand science and medical education around the state.
The “Framework Action Plan” received unanimous support from all nine regents, and lawmakers and groups that have strongly disagreed about Texas higher education reform hailed Cigarroa’s plan as a turning point in the years-long debate.
Read more from American Independent http://www.americanindependent.com/191366/ut-chancellor-lays-out-broad-plan-for-higher-education-reform
- UT Board Chairman Disputes Fired Official’s Account (timesoftexas.com)
- Powers and Cigarroa Unavailable for Comment. Zaffirini Denied Anything Unseemly. (timesoftexas.com)
- UT Controversy – Both Sides Say They Care About Higher Ed (timesoftexas.com)
- UT Controversy Buzzwords – Accountability, Productivity, Excellence, Accessibility, Transparency (timesoftexas.com)
- Former UT adviser O’Donnell Says Zaffirini Mounted a Campaign to Demonize the Regents (timesoftexas.com)
- Controversy Deflected Attention From Important Work (timesoftexas.com)
- Controversial UT Regent Hopes to “Push a Reset Button” (timesoftexas.com)
- $70,000 Deal in Hand, ex-UT Official Rips Educators, Lawmaker (timesoftexas.com)
- Alex Cranberg in San Antonio Express News: Brokered Deal with MyEdu (alexcranberg.wordpress.com)